31090051

Dear SirsI am involved in a long running probate case where

Dear Sirs
I am involved in a long running probate case where my second cousin has left a large estate. The case hinges on proving whether a half sister of my second cousin was adopted.
She was given up by my second cousins mother before he was born.
Any advice on how I try to get information on the adoption.
Kind Regards
IR
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.Court adoption records at sealed and you have no way to access these. However what you are looking for is an adopted child's birth certificate. These are now held by the General Records Office of Scotland and that is where you should address your investigation. See http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/registration/how-to-order-an-official-extract-from-the-registersI hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.