31090051

My boyfriend had community service hours from last year

Hi, my boyfriend had community service hours from last year and this may they added few more. We moved from Scotland to England started a new job in June and then he started ringing numbers in July to see if they can transfer his hours here but they kept giving him different numbers to phone and then nothing was happening for several weeks, then finally yesterday he reached someone and they said that his file went back to court and he mite be arrested....if he gets arrested he will loose his job. Also he was asking for fine instead of community hours but judge would only give community hours which is hard to do if you only work on one day off as he is a chef and summer is the busiest time in hospitality...what is the best thing to do to stop his arrest? Whom to contact ? Help please urgent
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like they have issued a warrant for his arrest for not turning up for community service notwithstanding that you have been trying to contact them.
He should contact his lawyer in Scotland and ask him to find out the position and, if necessary, arrange a court appearance for him. The court can then be addressed on the position and asked to transfer the community service order down south.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.