31090051

There, wondering if I would be able to sue a McDonald's

Hi there, wondering if I would be able to sue a McDonald's franchise for a member of there staff being homophobic towards me and using anti gay slurs. She is a manager within the company. I've complained to McDonald's and I don't believe they are taking it seriously as the person has not been suspended, currently nothing has been done about it. I've suffered from depression and anxiety from homophobic bullying in the past so to go to a fast food place and find that a member of their management team could talk to me like that, and make me feel as though I'm slipping backwards causing me embarrassment and stress hurts me. I've been to see a solicitor who was very unhelpful in the way he spoke and wanted advice on wether or not is have a case against McDonald's for stress caused by their employee. It has taken place in Scotland. Thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need the answer so I'll be happy to wait, thanks!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this. Can you tell me a bit more detail about what this person has been saying to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically just asked if I was still bent(gay) as f**k. When I asked her if she was joking she told me she wasn't. When asked to speak to the store manager she lied and told me she was the most senior member of team and that I could talk to her or no one. She then turned to my witness and said I'm still orange are you still gay? (I made a comment about her fake tan 2 years ago) I even apologised for that and asked if she would apologise for the gay remark, she told me she would not.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
MacDonalds are liable for thenactings of their employee in the course of employment. As speaking with customers is part of their employment you would have a valid claim against MacDonalds for damages. You would have to prove that the employee caused your stress and that it is a recognised illness you suffer from as a result.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.