31090051

I have asked you some questions about an adults with

Hi I have asked you some questions about an adults with incapacity case regarding my son. My question is, what is the best course of action to take? I am objecting to a renewal for guardianship. I am representing myself. A safeguarder has been appointed.
The Safeguarder had not been intimated with my answers that were submitted to the court. She is curtailing the time that she will spend on my son’s case due to her services being paid for by “tax payer’s money” and thus I will not be able to present her with
all of the facts and evidence. She is avoiding viewing evidence. I have met with her twice. Once for 15 minutes which was cut short because I had to giver her a copy of my answers and she didn’t want to discuss the case until she had read my answers. On a
second meeting I answered some of her questions for 10 minutes, then we were unable to discuss matters fully out of respect for my son who was then present. I have been able to give her some of the facts and evidence but not all of it. (As the sheriff said
I would be able to). She has told me that she will have to prioritize what facts and evidence she will read. She has suggested that she may need to ask the sheriff for more time. I have recommended that she does. I have sent an email to her office minuteing
the above and listing the facts and evidence that she does not yet have. The next hearing is in 3 days time. I am considering submitting a letter to the court to inform the sheriff of the above facts. Can you tell me the best way to do this or if there is
a better course of action I can take?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You would appear at the hearing and make your submission in the usual way. If you agree that the case is to be continued then all you have to do is tell the sheriff that.