31090051

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHILDREN USING THE LANE AT THE SIDE OF

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHILDREN USING THE LANE AT THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE AS A RACE TRACK WITH THE BIKES I HAVE ASKED THEM TO STOP BUT THERE PARENTS HAVE TOLD THEM TO JUST KEEP ON PLAYING WHAT IS THE LAY ON THIS IN SCOTLAND IT WENT ON FOR 2 HOURS LAST NIGHT I DONT MIND CHILDREN PLAYING OUTSIDE BUT THE ONLY ACCESS TO MY PROPERTY IS ON THIS PUBLIC FOOTPATH AND ONLY 2 OF THEM STAY IN THE AREA
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The law is that children are allowed to play unless they are causing a common law nuisance, the definition of which is that the behaviour is unreasonable to the extent that a reasonable person would be inconvenienced by the behaviour.
The remedy in a nuisance situation is to take the offending party to court. Of course you can't do that with children so you would have to take the parents to court and aver that they were not controlling their children properly by allowing them to ride about the path making noise, causing a hazard to pedestrians and potentially a serious accident.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so if this keeps going on can i call the police and get them to have a word

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can call the police or take civil action as above, yes. The two are separate and distinct from each other.