31090051

I have been divorced year and when I signed divorce papers

I have been divorced for a year and when I signed divorce papers I had been given no advice of what I was entitled to from my marriage. the house that was our home my ex wife had just purchased before our ten year relationship started. I spent most of that ten years as i'm a joiner to trade rebuilding the inside of said house meaning extension, loft convertion and renovation of rest of house. hours spent on labour estimate at £20,000 and that's conservative I also landscaped both of her gardens completely. the value my work added an estimated £30,000 to her house more than she had left to pay on mortgage that i was paying as well and I walked away unadvised with nothing is there any way to claim any sort of compensation on the info I have given.
Why were you not advised? Did you take advice from a solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To JGM, I was not advised at the time because my now ex wife works in a solicitors office as a typist for lawyer for many years and she said that because she had bought house before we married I was not entitled to anything so I didn't seek advice as I thought what she said to be true. At no point have I had any legal advice on matter until now with you.

I'm afraid now that decree of divorce has been granted it is too late to turn the clock back and make a claim. You have no legal remedy in the circumstances, I'm sorry to say.