31090051

I have purchased a 3 piece suite from a company which I am

I have purchased a 3 piece suite from a company which I am not satisfied with the quality
I have raised this with them from the outset. They have sent 2 people to look at the suite
they have said that the frame of the suite is fine my point is it is leather upholstery which is sagging and unsightly the chairs and sofa the leather does not return to normal but shows an impression where the person is sitting .
I cannot come to an amicable agreement with the company and looking for advice how I proceed with this. Am I covered under the sale of goods act 1979 when in dispute also paid in full for the suite £2400 can you advise
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The Sale of Goods Act says that a product has to be of satisfactory quality. If this suite is not of the same quality you viewed in store then you are entitled to reject it and insist on a replacement or your money back, assuming there is nothing in any written contract which says otherwise.
If they refuse to do either of these things your remedy is to sue them in the small claim court for the purchase price.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.