31090051

My case in 'unusual' to say the least but involves the

My case in 'unusual' to say the least but involves the sexual mistreatment of the family pet by my ex partner (I have evidence of this) and my wish to gain protective custody of the animal.
My initial intention is to suggest that she surrenders custody of my pet to avoid any criminal charges that I wish to press.
The evidence consists of 'screen captures' from a Skype video conversation we had, in which she assumed the conversation had terminated. However the internet link resumed (obviously unbeknown to her) and on her return to the room I witnessed her encouraging my dog to perform an unsavory sexual act upon her. During the next couiple of minutes, I made some screen captures of this and confronted her later.
This was primarily the cause of the breakdown of our relationship.
At one stage this year, she agreed to allow me to take custody of the dog but as it coincided with the unfortunate death of her father, she begged me to allow her to keep him on the condition that I get reasonable access. This worked for a while, until I informed her that I had destroyed the evidence against her. Since then access grew scarce and has now completely ceased.
Any advice would be welcome.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you may want to tell her that you have evidence of her coercion of the animal. You wish to resume possession of the dog. She can either let you have the dog back or you will show the evidence you have to the SSPCA and they are likely to take the animal from her and report the issue to the procurator fiscal. I presume that would be sufficient to deal with the situation.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.