31090051

I need to write Assignation (Lease amendment). Which name "Assign

I need to write Assignation (Lease amendment). Which name "Assignation" or "Lease Amendment" is correct under Act 1995? If there are any special rules regarding fonts, margins, title page, paragraphs, pages numbering, etc. to comply with Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
An assignation is where you are selling the tenant's interest in the lease to another party, the incoming tenant.
An amendment of a lease is done by Deed of Variation and relates to the variation of the lease between the existing parties.
There are no requirements as regards ***** ***** in the 1995 Act; the deed has to be signed by the parties and witnessed all on the last page; that is all.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.