31090051

I have received money my car but now can't

Customer Question

I expected that my wife would be entitled to a car on the Motability Scheme so have sold her car in advance. The application has now been rejected. The buyer knew that would have had to wait until the new car arrived which, obviously, now it won't ever arrive.

I have received money for selling my car but now I can't sell it afterall. What do I do? Can I just give the buyer back their money and 'no harm done'? Or, do I HAVE to sell them the car and then my wife be without a car?

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
A contract is an offer and an acceptance, verbal or written. If there is an unqualified contract you are bound by it. If the contract was conditional on you getting a mobility car then you can get out of it as there was no unqualified contract. You'll have to think carefully about exactly what you agreed with the other party.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to talk nicely to her and hope she is understanding.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I hope that you get it sorted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She was understanding and will not force me to sell her the car if my wife's Motability claim was unsuccessful.

It seems like a good service this online legal advice thing.

Cheers

Gareth

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Glad to hear it. Don't hesitate to ask forCustomerif you need any legal questions answered in future.