My local authority wants to send me a letter relating

Customer Question

Hi My local authority wants to send me a letter relating to child protection. my child is disabled and the school do not have a copy of epilepsy plan which I provided them via paediatric consultant. I requested to remove consent to share information as the nhs team within the school discharged my child. This request has not been accepted by local authority so consent to share information still stands.  what can I do?  I have found all the relevant paperwork showing all medical information has been passed to school nurse and school. All information has been put on health care plan but not on education support plan.  so how can this be my fault?  There are no other issues which is why I am wondering why they have said this as it seems rather excessive.  I would appreciate some advice on this

thank you

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Is there a (1) perceived or (2) actual risk to your child by your refusing to share information?
What are the consequences of each?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no actual risk to my child for refusing to share information that I can see. All relevant medical information has been shared with all medical professionals and school (I have copies of all letters etc). It is a new head teacher who has said she cannot find an elipepsy plan in school notes. as I wanted to remove consent to share information as physiotherapy and speech & language had not seen my child since October 2014 within the school and we do not have a social worker I didn't know who was actually working with my child and who to share information to. There is an existing health care plan in school which mentions epilepsy. So I think it may be the information sharing that the head teacher is unhappy about. However I feel that this is bit excessive for what it is.

Outwith school I have recently had a meeting with nhs team leaders with a view to getting the services back for my child and to work towards a better system of communication. This was 2 weeks ago and the nhs tend to take time putting things in place. Speech and language will reassess in October.

so I am willing to work with everyone involved in my childs health and well being. so I don't understand why this is happening.

sorry for long answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I think I understand your question now.

my child has epileptic absences not full tonic clonic fits

so maybe the head teacher is worried that if my child has an absence that she would not know what to do.

so I don't know if that is perceived or actual risk.

as I mentioned there is a health plan in place in school and there is a school nurse.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** helpful. Once more thing. What is it that you want to achieve for your child and what is your specific concern that you feel can't be addressed by the current arrangement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I think it important that you do know before you go further with this.