31090051

I foolishly did not read all small print before signing an

I foolishly did not read all small print before signing an agreement with a firm specialising in claiming PPI. They are now asking for half the money claimed back and have added on VAT at 20%. Do I have to pay full amount?
Fiona
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
That does seen exorbitant but legally that's what you've signed up for and all you can do is negotiate with them on the basis that fee is entirely unrealistic. It's certainly the highest I've seen. Typically 12.5% is the lowest end of the scale and 25% the highest.
There is no law on this, however, it's a matter of contract: specifically the contract you signed up for.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.