31090051

Procedures after teacher being loudly verbally threatened (multiple

procedures after teacher being loudly verbally threatened (multiple witnesses) with physical assault by pupil in Scottish school.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. How can I help you with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd like to know if I can bring any charges against this boy who said he allyl break my jaw. . A promise! While I was trying to get him to behave in class. I was in shock for about an hour after the very real threat, and have been anxious whenever in the school since. Have I any legal rights in this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dunbar
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What age is the boy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
16, a 4th year. The rugby captain of the school team whose physical strength and position allows him to believe himself beyond classroom discipline. Hence his violent reaction to it.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. Th child has acted in a threatening manner likely to place you in a state of fear and alarm and distress. That is the crime of breach of the peace. As the child is above the age of criminal responsibility in Scotland it can be dealt with by the police as a crime.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.