31090051

I have 3 Grandchildren at Dollar Academy - 2 from my Son and

Customer Question

I have 3 Grandchildren at Dollar Academy - 2 from my Son and 1 from my daughter, I pay FULL fees for all 3 children. Other parents who have 3 children from the one sibling actually pay half price for the third child. I find this an unfair practice as the amount of fees are all paid by my one bank account. How can this be addressed. Mrs xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The normal contractual rule established by the private school sector is that they offer a discount where there are multiple siblings attending the school. As this is purely a matter of contract, the parents or grandparents either accept the contractual position and send the child to school or they do not.
Whilst the contract paperwork would have to be examined, it would be abnormal to include a cousin relationship in the child discount issue and I have never seen such an arrangement.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.