31090051

I have 3 Grandchildren at Dollar Academy Private School - I

Customer Question

I have 3 Grandchildren at Dollar Academy Private School - I pay the school,fees for all of them at Full rate. 2 grandchildren from my son and l grandchild from my daughter. Parents with 3 children at school only pay full fees for first and second child the third child is half rate. I think this is unfair discrimination. I have written to the school but they have said that only siblings from the one family are entitled to third child at half rate.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
We would have to see the exact wording of the terms and conditions that the school has and in particular whether there is any definition of "family".
However, having some experience of dealing with private schools, it is likely that it will apply to siblings and not cousins irrespective of who is actually paying the bills.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.