31090051

My daughter has split with her boyfriend of 2 years, they have

My daughter has split with her boyfriend of 2 years, they have had a dog for 18 months, bought by my daughter and proof of money coming out of her account on the night the dog was bought but no receipt, she has payed for the dogs injections with the vet etc via her bank account, she has the dog chipped and in her name, at no point has his name ever been on the chip, she took out dog insurance and has also paid for this via her bank. He went home to where he was brought up and came back then about a week later he moved out without telling anyone taking the dog with him, while my daughter was out at work. He doesn't drive so he had to have planned this in premeditated fashion as he lives about 250 miles away. My daughter is clearly very upset and wants the dog back, what is the way forward? I would prefer this to not be available online as the situation is ongoing
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
She has the right to take him to court and raise an action for delivery of the dog on the basis that she is the owner. As she paid for everything she would be treated as the owner.
She can raise a small action for delivery in the sheriff court.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.