31090051

I have discovered my husband has been hiding our savings

Hi I have discovered my husband has been hiding our savings in his sisters bank account and has numerous accounts in his name where he is hiding our savings I want to divorce him but don t know where to start or what I m entitled to as he refuses to tell me how much money is in the bank. Thank you e Mcglynn
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to half of all property including savings along with child maintenance and possibly maintenance for yourself.
You have to see a solicitor who will help you with a divorce action and can also get a court order if necessary whereby an investigation can be made into what savings your husband has and where they are.
In the event that you are afraid of what your husband may do, again certain court orders can be taken to protect you and your family.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, you have been very helpful.

E mcglynn