31090051

I work in a restaurant and the other night while capering with

I work in a restaurant and the other night while capering with a younger employee she hit me and as I went to hit her back I struck her on the bum nothing was said at time but since then she has went home told her dad now he is threatening sexual harassment and police involvement not sure where I stand I am 35 and she is 14
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
Were there any witnesses to the incident.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The outcome of this will depend on what witnesses say about the incident, if indeed ther is an incident to talk about at all. If you were fooling about and touching her rear end was accidental then one would assume the witnesses would corroborate that.
Ther is certainly no harassment of any description nor is there any question of assault if there is no intention, called mens rea, under the law.
Unless there is an independent witness to allege sexual assault, there is insufficient evidence for the police to proceed with a complaint.
I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.