31090051

This question is . Are you able to obtain clients

This question is for JGM. Are you able to obtain clients from this website? We have been in correspondence regarding my case. The case, an opposition to guardianship of an incapacitated adult, is in litigation. My opponent has been successful in preventing
me from getting civil legal aid. I have been trying to represent myself. I am proving incompetent with regard to procedure and due proses. My circumstances have changed and I am able to pay privately for advice and assistance. Having discussed this with the
sheriff I don’t think my opponent would object to an application for civil legal aid. The sheriff has also indicated that he would be open to allowing time for a solicitor to familiarize himself with the facts and evidence. The next hearing is to decide if
the case should go to proof, if a proof hearing is necessary, or if a continuation is necessary to allow an MHO’s report and/or to allow a solicitor to familiarize himself with the facts of the case. I am based in the Dumbarton area. I don’t know where you
are based geographically? Please can you let me know if you would be able to take this case on?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid solicitor experts on this site can't take on cases directly. However, there are many good family law solicitors in Dumbarton and Clydebank more than capable of dealing with this for you.