31090051

Can my estranged wife of 6 months suddenly stop me seeing my

Can my estranged wife of 6 months suddenly stop me seeing my 3 year old son for no reason whatsoever?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No she can't do this nor can she say that she will ask a three year old for his views. If she persists you will have to go to court for a contact order and you would be justified in seeking the expenses of such an action from your wife. As a starting point go and see your solicitor and get a warning letter out to her.
Both parents have equal parental rights and the parent with care must agree to the other parent having regular contact unless there is a very good reason why not.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.