31090051

There, If we entered into a informal agreement with

Hi there,
If we entered into a informal agreement with a supplier of a service and they sent an email detailing what they would do, but with no costs, and we replied to that email saying it looked good. Would we be liable for the costs to then be presented to us after the work had been carried out?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would. They would be entitled to charge their usual rate or other rate deemed reasonable for the work. There is no law that requires a price to be agreed in advance.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so the issue here is they charged us £7k for the services, what is the actual definition of us agreeing?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
An agreement is an offer and an acceptance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah right ok, one final thing. If the company involved knew that we (a charity) had reviewed funding which they were involved in the claim of and knew that their charges for the work we received funding far outweighed what we had received for the work?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
That would be relevant only in assessing evidence as to whether their charges were reasonable in the circumstances.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok excellent I think I have all I need thank you