31090051

Is it possible to get a lawyers letter addressed to my elderly

is it possible to get a lawyers letter addressed to my elderly mothers doctor who at my request put my mother on an antidepressant it was meant to be a mild one and i said just to try it as she had tried one in the past but did not react very well to it that was 22 days ago i have noticed that my mother is not reacting well as the medication is a sedative and is making my mother worse considering that she sleeps 20 hrs out of 24 a day i dont think there is any need to give her medication to help with insomnia i feel this doctor dose not know my mother as a patient and will not take on board my concerns to the change in her i asked for it to be stopped and i was told no
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Do you have power of attorney for your mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do have power of attorney

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In that case you are entitled to take decisions about her medical care and the doctors have to follow your instructions provided that you are acting in the best interests of your mother, as you are entitled to take decisions as if you were your mother.