31090051

My X wife had a child by a previous marriage and is paid Child

Customer Question

my X wife had a child by a previous marriage and is paid Child support by her previous husband. we have been devorced for almost a year and I have just recieved a letter from her third solicitor threatening to take out a court action for financial support for her child from a previous marriage. The child in question ( do not wish to use names etc) was never adopptedby my self. We had a child of our own in our marriage and I pay the appropriate monthly maintenance for her. I fail to understand how a solicitor can send a letter threatening me with court action if I do not start to pay towards a child that is not mine and my x is recieving support from the father's father.
whare di I stand under Scottish law and should I just ignore thes letters.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You are not responsible for this child. The solicitor is writing nonsense. Write back and tell him so. That is all you should do.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.