31090051

I signed a tennancy with local council early October 2015.

Customer Question

I signed a tennancy with local council early October 2015. At viewing i asked if artex could be removed. I was told no, they dont remove it. I could do it myself. i intended to do this once id moved in with my 3 children. I tjen found out it contai ed asbestos. I went back to council and was told no it doesnt, then later the same day i received a call to say i shouldnt touch it as it does. Since receiving the keys ive been in cleaning and pulling nails out of the walls and old hooks etc. Resulting in tje old artex coming away and being covered in dust from the walls. The council have now had a professional company in to remove artexed walls, but left ceilings. Needless to say we are a long way off moving in. Can i take action against the council. As not only have they put my health at risk, also my 3,6 and 11 yrs old. My email address is***@******.***

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What reports are you referring to?
I take it you have all had medical check ups? What are the results of those?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Apparently tje council have checks done on houses before letting them.

Children and I are still waiting to see doctor. Please send toCustomer

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Can you email the tenancy agreement to***@******.*** please. Ask the moderator to forward it to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
My Email is***@******.***. i cannot log in and you are not accepting my email address.
Ive paid £38 on 27th Oct for tjis on my credit card.last 4 digits 0850. Ive been dealing withCustomer In the past ive dealt withCustomerfor sister coming here from Australia from abusive relationship with her 3 children. So my account is under this email, but will not allow me to log in
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I hope the site will be able to reestablish your details. However you are still able to post replies so it would appear you can communicate with me,Customer Let me know if you get this message please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes i am receiving your messages. I only have hard copy of Tenancy Agreement. The Council will not provide an Email Copy for me.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Can you get it scanned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure.

I will know Monday.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can let me know. I could really do with seeing it so as to answer your question properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still trying to get agreement scanned.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
OK let me know.