31090051

I am seeking a full refund of the cost of the holiday which

Customer Question

I am seeking a full refund of the cost of the holiday which is £413.98p.
Category: Scots Law
Hello, why do you want a refund and who was the holiday with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reason for refund being that we had no cold water for 2 days in room provided. Therefore unable to attend to any personal hygiene. Stayed in annexe and not hotel as advertised.
No mention of stairs in annexe, which were considerable and unsuitable for those with mobility problems.
We had to change rooms three times on a four day stay.
The holiday company was Just Go Holidays and the hotel concerned was The Britannia Adamton House Hotel, near Prestwick Scotland.
Ok as the hotel is in Scotland i will have to move this to our Scots Law category. Please do not reply until someone contacts you from there thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. What was the holiday you booked. Was it hotel only or was travel included.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Coach holiday to Loch Lomond & Ayrshire coast organised by Just Go! Holidays for [email protected] The Britannia Adamton House Hotel near Prestwick.Stayed in annexe not the hotel as advertised.
1st room toilet did not flush.
2nd room no cold water &unable to bath/shower- even hot water coming through the toilet cistern.Hotel informed and were led to believe that the problem was resolved,but it had not.
On 3rd day moved to another sub-standard room for one last night before thankfully returning home
The tour operator,Just Go CHELTENHAM GL50 3SH have barely acknowledged our grievance.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Although the holiday was in Scotland the tour operator is the party you have a contract with so your claim is against Just Go. I'm sorry they haven't acknowledged your complaint. You should intimate a formal claim against them and if they don't respond to that you can raise a small claim against them. You could also report them to the various trade association they claim to members of on their website as most of these tour companies don't want complaints going to trade associations of which they are members.
I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.