29905560

As part of a divorce settlement some 5 years ago I was given

Customer Question

As part of a divorce settlement some 5 years ago I was given a house valued at 200000 pounds. Since that time I have got into a relationship and we decided to live together in my house.Because neither of us had very good jobs we decided to take out a joint loan on the property. Unfortunately things have not worked out well over the last year and I now want to remove him from the property but am not sure of the legal implications of this or indeed how the ownership of the property between us prevails. Can you advise on this situation and recommend a way forward for me to achieve my objective.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you took a joint secured loan over the property, the title to the house will also be in joint names.
Did you enter into a cohabitation agreement when you decided to do this?
Is the property owned in equal shares?