31090051

I have a section 38 of the peace and assalt what

I have a section 38 for breach of the peace and assalt what happens if I plead guilty without a lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to plead guilty without a lawyer. You should be in a position to address the court about why you committed the offence as well as your own personal circumstances and financial position. Happy to discuss any specific points further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was very drunk I now there was cctv therefore I am willing to plead guilty I am a production manager in a big company,if I go on my own what is the judge wanting to here, I know I shall receive a fine what am I looking to receive by at pleadings guilty on my own
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Difficult to say without details of your financial position but typically for a first offender £300 to £500. The nature of the assault and how serious it was would also be relevant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I earn £40,000 per annum I was told I attempted to head but a member of staff in KFC take away an also had a alltrcation with an other member of staff
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Allow £4-600.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, is there anything else you could advise me in my approach to pleading guilty how would start with an apology or other
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Start with:
My lord, my personal circumstances are that........
And narrate your job title (not the name of the company) what you earn and what your main outgoings are.
Then go on to say what happened and why (say "by way of explanation and not excuse")
Say that you are very sorry and would like to make that plain in open court. It is out of character and you are a first offender.
Say that you would be in a position to pay a fine and ask for 28 days to pay it.
Speak for no more than three minutes. Finish by saying that you would be happy to clarify any matter that the court may want to raise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help much appriatedRgds,Paul
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time.