31090051

Please find attached a letter from my opponent's solicitors.

Please find attached a letter from my opponent’s solicitors. If I am understanding it correctly, it is saying that my opponent is willing to come to mediation but only if I agree to her being sole guardian. And that they will only discuss contact and my
input with herself as sole guardian and not her suitability. If I am correct in this I am thinking of replying that there are serious issues regarding my opponent’s suitability that I was hoping to resolve. That I will attend mediation if my opponent will
discuss matters relating to her suitability and that under no circumstances can I agree to her being sole guardian. Before I do, do you see any other implications that I should look out for or opportunity’s that I shouldn’t miss?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your interpretation of the letter is correct. If you are intending to challenge the guardian's appointment, mediation won't be an option and you will have to reply accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have given this matter a lot of thought. Please can you tell me if matters that are agreed on in mediation legally binding?Also can you have a look at the letter that I have drafted and let me know it you find it clear, reasonable and acceptable?thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Mediation is not legally binding unless it is followed by a written agreement between the parties.
I have read your letter and it is good and gets your point across.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have more questions for you. the request me again page returns an error i have posted a question beginning, "this question is forCustomerunder Scottish law" Please could you look for it. thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Dealt with.