31090051

My dog was attacked by another dog took dog to local vet who

Customer Question

my dog was attacked by another dog took dog to local vet who xray dog found broken leg the vet operated phone and said everything went well get dog home monday tuesday great we thought next day phone call saying dog deteriated best to put down then told nerve in back severed even with broken leg dog still hobble iinto vets it was still walking want to persue this matter but dont have funds for fees can i get help
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Who do you want to pursue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the vet
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What evidence do you have that the vet has done something wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the dog walk into the vets with 1 leg broken after operation vet phoned and said everything went well dog be home monday when monday came he said dog had deteriated cant stand on back legs i went up to see the dog she tryed to get up vet pushed her back down said better not get her excited tuesday he phoned said dog got worse not taking weight on any four legs said better put dog down meeting was set for 4pm he wasnt their left a female to tell me what happened she said severed nerve in lower back next to tail thats round the area he operated and why insist to put down right away
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'm not understanding your narrative. Did the vet say that she had severed the nerve during the operation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no she said it must have happened when attack took place im no vet but if it did happen then how did the dog manage to walk into the vets
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I'm not a vet either. You will have to get a second opinion from another vet before it can be assessed whether you may have a case. The test of negligence is that no other ordinarily competent vet would have done the same as that vet did. Before you get to that you have to be able to establish whether it is possible that the dog could have suffered the severed nerve during the attack. That is a question of fact which a second opinion would be able to answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he also mention becuase apsa charity was paying for this and bill was 1800 they wont pay anymore and as i said insisting to put dog down i think he messed up and trying to cover
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Per my answer above, you will need evidence. You won't win a case just on what you think.