31090051

The police want to question me about an offence I have committed,

the police want to question me about an offence I have committed, however in am suffering from depression due to bereavement, stress etc what are my options, do I admit and say I am seeking help etc or can I still be arrested. I have made some silent phone calls, no threats made or anything
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can't really refuse to be interviewed by the police but you don't have to answer any questions. As there is a chance that they won't have sufficient evidence without a confession from you, you should say nothing and have a solicitor with you.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have evidence that my phone number has shown up on the victims records
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Do they have any evidence that you made the calls? I presume no is the answer to that unless you say anything during interview. That is why you keep your mouth shut. The fact that the calls were made from your line is not proof that you made the calls. They need you to say that you were the only one that could make the calls so that they can prove the case. Silence is golden here I think.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they keep pressing me for a response could I say I leave my phone lying about and anyone could have accessed it
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No. You say nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you.