31090051

I fitted a starter motor to a vehicle which a couple of days

I fitted a starter motor to a vehicle which a couple of days later suffered a gearbox malfunction. I took the vehicle to my gearbox repairer and asked him to please let me know if the starter motor had anything to do with the gearbox malfunction. the answer was no. I asked him not to do anything as the owner did not want to spend any money on the vehicle as he had another vehicle which had some warranty work on it. he put the vehicle into storage and repaired the second vehicle under warranty which I gave back to the customer. he then went and on his own repaired the vehicle without authorization from me or the owner and now wants me to pay for repairs as the owner does not want to pay. where do I stand as I have already contributed 400 pound to the storage fees?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If he was told not to repair the vehicle and did so he is not entitled to the cost of the repair. Am I understanding the position correctly?
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.