31090051

Scotland: Original deeds do state shared responsibility

Scotland: Original deeds for flat do state shared responsibility for roof. However, a number of years ago the owner above me converted the whole attic area into bedrooms and en suite. Do I still have responsibility for any repairs and/or complete roof replacement? Thank you, Margaret.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
The roof is separate and distinct from the roof space. You and the other relevant proprietors remain responsible for the external roof structure and making and maintenance and repair or replacement of the external roof.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.