31090051

Parents raised funds local kids football team. The money

Customer Question

parents raised funds for a local kids football team. The money raised was always to be for the children. now the team has been closed. the coach is asking for the money. parents are planning to split evenly between all the boys in the football club. can the coach take us to court if we do this and can prove all funds went to the boys?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the legal basis on which the coach thinks he can ask for the funds here but he can't in my opinion. The money was raised for a defined group of children and even if the club has been closed the money should still be used for the benefit of those children, whether by way of a trip away or some sports clothing to give two examples of past cases I am aware of. There is nothing to stop the cash being split but many clubs spend the money on the children so that they aren't being given cash.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.