29905560

My Son has just recently. left a apartment that he shares with

Customer Question

My Son has just recently. left a apartment that he shares with his friend it belongs to his friends mother.
My son believes that he is completely up to date with any outstanding monies but his landlady has now come back that he owes £178 witch he fiercely contests. He works inn ***** *****'s and she has now started turn up at his work and harass him along with texts and phone calls and now she has started to text and call me demanding that i get this settled. She has now produced a lease that my son has never seen before as their agreement was verbal. The lease is not signed not witnessed and has not been registared. She is threating to take him to a small claim court which is worrying him. Could you advise us of were he stands?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What does she allege the £178 represents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

share of gas and electric 16/4- 16/7 £60.60

Paid

Share of the gas and electric 16/7- 1/10 £53.65

Paid

Share of building cleaning and maintenance till 1/10 £57.73

Total £171.98 not £178

My son states that when he agreed to move in the landlady had said that these were included in the rent but has since changed her mind and given that he is only 19 he was intimidated.

He paid some through the bank and some cash