31090051

Hii had a deal with Mercedes dealer, every thing was fix

Customer Question

hi
i had a deal with Mercedes dealer, every thing was fix on phone, dealer was in Edinburgh and i am in London. when i received vehicle delivery then vehicle was not on stander and i was not satisfied. i was buying that vehicle for business but the condition was so bad and i couldn't use that vehicle in business, vehicle was one year old and 16000 miles was on it. i took pictures and send to the sealer. he offered 400 pound. i refused his offer and return the vehicle, i didn't sing any agreement apart of finance paper, they charge me 420 pound, transportation charges.
my question is, are they can do this legally, if not what can i do to get my money back.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
What was the problem with the vehicle?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interior was very bad too many scratches front set passenger pocket was ripped, was used very rough.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
To reject the car outright you would have to prove that the car was of unsatisfactory quality and not fit for purpose.
Assuming you can argue that you cant use thecar because of the condition of it then you can raise proceedings in the court for recovery of your money. If this is a cosmetic issue then the norm would be that you have the dealer pay for new upholstery or whatever is required to bring the car up to standard.
Happy to discuss further.