31090051

ThereI run a small bathroom fitting business. We do

Customer Question

Hi there
I run a small bathroom fitting business. We do contract work for an estate agents. We completes a shower unit for one of there property's under their employment. There were some issues with the job which we rectified. This was all sorted in June this year. A couple of days ago the Tennant wrote a really bad review on Google about us. It wasn't anything to do with the work. More a personal attack on me. Google hammers and spanners and you will see it.
The Tennant is a solicitor. What action can I take as this could potentially have serious effects on my business. We are still working for the estate agents and they are happy the issues where resolved.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Nick
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Assuming the review is factually untrue, you can ask your solicitor to write a cease and desist letter to the person concerned, insisting that they withdraw the review and make no further comments. If they fail to do so then the remedy would be to raise proceedings for defamation including an application for an order to have the review taken down and damages for any losses caused as a result. On the other hand if the review is true, there is nothing you can do about it. Happy to discuss further. I hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating so tat I am credited for my time.