31090051

I tried to divorce my wife over 15 years ago. She had become

I tried to divorce my wife over 15 years ago. She had become untraceable. Can I obtain a divorce now without her consent. She has just contacted and stirred the old emotions.I want to help her but feel giving her money will renew the old responsibilities. Would giving her money through her bank account make me responsible?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Yes you can divorce her without her consent. Assuming you have no children together under the age of 16 and there are no outstanding property or financial issues you can do this under simplified procedure or "quickie" divorce. You can download the form at http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/forms/sheriff-court-forms/simplified-divorce-and-simplified-dissolution-of-civil-partnership-forms The form you need is called SPB. I don't recommend that you pay her any money pre divorce in case she takes that as an indication that she should apply for maintenance. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.