31090051

I recived notification that i am a beneficiary.the finders

Customer Question

I recived notification that i am a beneficiary.the finders agency informed me that my mother died in february in scotland. Previously she lived in england.i have had no contact with her since 1987. I believe that she may have lived with my sister in later
years.I have not seen my sister since 1983. I am a former rough sleeper who has also been in residential care for historical abuse that i suffered in childhood. Do the solicitors involved have a duty to inform me? They have not contacted me yet. My contact
details have been passed to them via the agency.I do not know who the solicitors involved are.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. Thank you for your question.
The solicitors do not have a duty to inform you if the executor tells them not to but the solicitors would have to stop acting in that case. At the moment you have to assume that that hasn't happened and you should contact the solicitors immediately. Even if you have not been mentioned in the will you have a legal rights claim to your mother's estate.
Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.