31090051

My ex partner was given an interim order son a week

my ex partner was given an interim order for my son a week ago, since then she has been trying to dig up dirt on me and has been sending abusive messages to myself, and in my opinion is showing more interest in causing me hassle and grief rather than doing whats best for our son, she had also accused me off historical assault but the police have since dropped all charges. should I go back to the court and try for thr interim order to be reversed as prior to this my son was in my care and during that time I remained as pleasant as good be as my son was my only concern. unlike his mothers behaviour now
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If the mother is not acting in the best interests of the child then of course you must go back to court. You don't say why she got the order when you had him to start with but if it was anything to do with the allegations that were not proceeded with by the police that would give you some ammunition to support your application for a residence order.
I also presume that you have retained evidence of her abusive messages which can also be shown to the court.
Happy to discuss. Always remember that the core test for the court is what is in the best interests of the child and any parent who demonstrates to the court that she is not taking that into account will end up on the wrong side of the court.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your time, my son was returned to his mother as that was recommended on the bar report, as I had said that I would like to return to work, however when that conversation took place I had said once my son was at pre school as this would give me a couple of hours per day for part time work but that was not submitted on the report also the allegations. I also found that the bar report was written in a way that everything I said was alleged yet everything my partner said was taken as fact. my son also has a half brother who resides with my ex and she was primary carer, yet what gets me is even last week the sheriff had said she still has concerns over my allegations but still choose to return my son. over the past few weeks I have stuck to the truth that was submitted to court yet each and every time we went to court my exes version grew legs (allegations). at present we are suppose to be working towards a shared residency but I now feel that my ex is trying her hardest to take me out of my sons life completely.