29905560

Ok well , in 2008-2009 Me and my mother talked to my partner

Customer Question

Ok well , in 2008-2009 Me and my mother talked to my partner about a property that my mother had mortgaged , we came to an agreement between us that if my partner paid the remaining amount on the mortgage that himself me and my daughter would benefit from the house. After a few years my partner sold the house and put the money into a new property and paid off his boat , I had no say as it was his in writing , he just did as he pleased with the money.
I became very ill with stress , and was advised by my doctor to leave for my health , during this time my partner was writing things like " just die " on the bedroom window , and the fighting was becoming terrible for my daughter.
I left in the summer of 2011 and had nothing to my name.
I made a trip to my brothers and stayed there for a few months and worked. When I returned I had no means of income. My partner offered me 3 thousand pounds and our car which was in the region of £5000.
Whilst we were at the solicitors I said that I wasn't happy with the agreement, and the receptionist showed us into a room , where I was bullied and threatened by my ex partner and had a panic attack so just signed the paperwork to feed my family .
During all this proceedings my partner kept on telling me that I could come home , when I sorted myself out and got better ( by this he ment not suffering from anxiety and depression. From 2011 untill 2014 I constantly made contact as did My ex partner , he would constantly visit my home and have physical contact with me and tell me that he might let me come home . I woke up as it were in 2014 when I became reaqainted from a friend from my past and whom I started to have a relationship with. I had previously never wanted a relationship with anyone else as my partner had led me to believe that he would make sure that my mother , daughter and myself would get nothing from the property if I did ice on. It wasn't until I left that I seen how stupid I'd been , his mail was even sent to his mothers address. At the beginning of 2014 Benjamin then came to give me a little more money and told me again I had better take it as it was all I would get , as usual I did as I was told ( it wasn't even the same amount that was on the paper !!) and he came to my house with the paperwork from the solicitor, it wasn't even witnessed !
Iv now got a lovely baby girl and a man who treats me well,
I don't know how I could have even been so stupid and desperate to be with this man but think because I was so young , 19 when we got together and nearly 26 when I left , maybe I seen him as a father figure , who knows . I don't think I'll ever be the same person , I used to be really confident. My mother is due to retire this year and I just wondered if it is too late to do any thing about this like I fear , it was her inheritance and I feel terrible ,
My partner paid the remaining £28,000 and the house sold for 140,000
Thankyou
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this , as uv not had any confirmation ,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much , I'd really like to get what's ours if possible and just move on from the horrible ordeal
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will try to hel you with this.
From your narrative you seem to say that there was a written agreement between you and your ex. Is that correct and if so can you tell me precisely what the agreement says?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a call be better
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
At the moment I just need to know what any agreement says and when it was entered into and was it drafted as a Minute of Agreement by lawyers. Did you have a lawyer acting for you at the relevant time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was around September 2013
Although I don't have a copy of it . Mr X just arrived at my house for me to sign it and I had no soliciter .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could get a copy of these documents from his soliciter , but I'm not sure if I'm entitled
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to a copy. Please see if you can get it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll call the practice , iv since moved and the practice is in Orkney,
Ill just ask for copies
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** wait to hear from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have get my mother to obtains copy of the signing the house over to him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,
Is there an email address that I can forward these minutes of agreement ms to ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
In your email ask them to forward toCustomer