31090051

My wife has potential building land in Scotland and it

Hi, my wife has potential building land in Scotland and it seems to be land locked, are we allowed access from the neighbouring built upon areas
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. Thank you for your question. Your wife's solicitor should have ensured at the time of the house sale that there was sufficient access rights to the remaining land. This could be a negligence issue depending on the facts. What is clear, however, is that unless the title deeds provide for access over neighbouring land you are not allowed access from the surrounding areas. I am happy to discuss further if you can give me more information. What should have happened is that the title deeds selling the house should have reserved a right of access over the land being sold. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.