31090051

I have had a very up and down relationship with a girl.

I have had a very up and down relationship with a girl. Over a period of a year it has been a bit tit for tat with insults being stated to each other.
It all came to a head the other week when she prevented me from leaving a car park by blocking me in with her car and call her friend to come assult me. After the event which scared me I told her I had to report the matter to the police.
She said if i did this she would report me for being a stalker as she had keep emails etc of our fights in the past and would say I was nuts.
I just want to say the weeks leading up to this event I was going out with her, in the company of her family and was exchanging Xams presents.
I was that scared that I did report the matter to the police who are investigating the incident and are gathering the CCTV footage before they challenge her.
My question is can she really accuss me of what she has stated? Surly the fact we have been interacting so much she can't?
I am not saying we did not fight because we did but I never threaten her or called her names etc?
Very concerned that she will get away with what she did and it will be turned on me when all I did was go for help.
Can you advise.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and the stuff she has kept goes back months and when I said fight it was always verbal never anything else.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If your concern is that she accuses you of being a stalker, she would have to have evidence of that. From your narrative you say that you were going out together and that there is evidence of that. If you are going out together you can't also be stalking her and I doubt the police will believe her if they speak to the people around you during the period that you were going out together.
Happy to discuss any specific issues further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am grateful for the reply but I guess she could lie about stuff but as long as I have one creditable witness who states we were together all would be looked at in doubt.I am sorry for most likely asking a silly question but it just I have never been in a situation like this before.She kept all our argument in text and email as screen shots.Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You are entirely correct. As long as you have evidence you are perfectly safe and it was you who brought the police in because of her to start with and that will always be relevant.
As far as evidence of arguments is concerned, every couple argues so I would not be too worried about that.
Don't forget to leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.