31090051

Is it appropriate doctor to give a statement stating

Is it appropriate for a doctor to give a statement stating that a 96 year old man is of sound mind to make decisions on his estate.
when he is in and out of hospital with chest infections putting him in a confused state.
Could she be reported for this or made to retract her letter.
Thank you for your question. The doctor is giving an expression of opinion. If you think that opinion is wrong then you can challenge it, usually by seeking a second opinion from another doctor. If you prove that the doctor was wrong then that may give grounds for complaint to the doctor's professional body or employer as appropriate.
I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.