31090051

Son and partner buy a 8month old pup from owner on Friday owner

Son and partner buy a 8month old pup from owner on Friday owner selling because of husband and her health now they want it back constantly phoning and texting saying they have been to the police and are going back to police because they haven't brought it back they are stressed out though they can sympathise with them they also had a 3year old dog they got rid of earlier for same reason where do they stand legally they want to keep it
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what have they told the police about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power said they agreed to bring it back in 4 to 6 hours and didn't but she didn't say that she told the owner she would need to speak to her partner and would get back to her next day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son said no so she told owner and she wasnt happy and said they were making them ill and her sons were coming up from London to see there dad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't see answer to my question
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have realised you are Scot-based and the law is slightly different there so I will have to leave this for Scottish colleagues to answer if they can - someone will be responding as soon as they are available. Please do not reply in the meantime, thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor on Scotland. There is no real issue here and certainly not a criminal law issue.
If there was an agreement that the dog was bought for an agreed price, that is an end of the matter. The seller can't ask for the dog back and the police have no jurisdiction to interfere. Don't respond to any further communications with them.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help very much appreciated makes us feel much better and more relaxed I just hope they stop the texts and calls
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Don't hesitate to ask for me if I can help in future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.