31090051

I am in the process of selling my house in scotland at the

Customer Question

I am in the process of selling my house in scotland at the moment,having no legal knowledge this is why I am hoping you can help. there is an offer on the table now but I just had a phone call just now from a relative of a close friend who did not realise the house was on the market, he is offering me £10,000 more and is a cash buyer,is it too late for this to be accepted, I have not signed any discharge forms etc as yet
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland.
The answer to your question is this. A contract for the sale and purchase of property has to be constituted in writing. An offer which hasn't been accepted in writing isn't yet a contract. You can refuse the offer and proceed to contract with your new proposed buyer.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.