31090051

In July 2012 I was sentenced on two counts of assault

In July 2012 I was sentenced on two counts of sexual assault in a contrived and unfair trial. I was sentenced to a Community Payback order on one count and a ROLO on the Second. I was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for three years.
As I had little choice I have complied.
Just before Christmas I was visited by my police liaison person who told me that the Register requirement was actually five years and not three.
Social Work, myself and (up until that point) the police all thought it was three years.
I have recieved an appology from the court for the 'clerical error' and state that as the ROLO and Payback order were issued on the same day that they have to enforce the five year timescale.
Firstly - is this correct and secondly - is there anything I can do?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
It is correct if the Court Minute records 5 years and, no, there is nothing you can do.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.