31090051

I live in Scotland. My husband walk out two years ago. He

I live in Scotland.
My husband walk out two years ago.
He has been paying the bills etc as I am still in our home.
I run my small business bed and breakfast.
When everything I sorted sale of house ,pension etc split 50%,
He works offshore on a salary of about £70000
Once every is sorted financially ,would he be liable to still maintain me ? As we are still married and I would no longer have my income from my business ,of about £8000 to £10000 per year.
Regards Annie.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. Where a division of capital assets is insufficient to make a fair financial provision for one or other spouse, the court can make an order for maintenance, called periodical allowance, for a period of not more than three years from the date of divorce.
The amount depends on the needs and resources of both parties. The recipient spouse would be expected to try to get her own job if possible to offset the other spuses's liability to such periodical allowance.
Happy to discuss further. You can also see online the provisions of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985 which governs this aspect of the law.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the reply paid my one payment don't want to continue further now I know where I stand.
Thanks Annie .
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Please leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time. The question will then close.