31090051

I have been getting harassed by my ex's brother 9

Customer Question

I have been getting harassed by my ex's brother for about 9 years with threats and allegations I been reporting this to police for years and he has been charged on several occasions, but he is still persisting. Could I get some sort of restraining order on him. He has also approached my employees in the past and present with threats and slander about me and also to anyone in the passing while I'm at work or just out and even at home. Could someone please help
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If their is any way in can stops him from approaching me or my employees and customers its be going on for more than 9 years and its affecting my mental wellbeing. I thought after him getting arrested and charge that would have been the end of it but he still continues with slander and threats to a few ex employees and friends and myself. I just want it stopped. Please help
Yours sincerely *****
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have just realised you are in Scotland so i will move this to Scots law for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still haven't heard anything back about my situation
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I am a solicitor in Scotland. You can get a restraining order through the civil courts. The order is called an interdict and it is designed to keep someone from doing something, in this case communicating with you and placing you in a state of fear or alarm and distress. You can also ask the court for a Prtoection From Harassment Order which is a similar thing but specifically aimed at the problem you describe. You should see a solicitor about this as soon as you can.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.