31090051

I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE DRIVER & VEHICLE STANDARD'S AGE

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE DRIVER & VEHICLE STANDARD'S AGENCY IN REGARD TO AN INCIDENT REGARDING AN ADVANCED DRIVING INSTRUCTOR. MY CONCERNS WERE SENT TO THE DRIVER IN QUESTION AND HE WAS ASKED TO COMMENT. THAT WAS MIDDLE OF DECEMBER AND HE HAS NOT RESPONDED. I RECEIVED AN E-MAIL EALIER TO SAY THAT AS TYHE DRIVER HAD NOT RESPONDED THEY COULD NOT HELP. THEY ARE THE GOVERNING BODY AND THAT IS THEIR RESPONSE. in an earlier e-mail I WAS TOLD IF THE DRIVER DID NOT REPLY THEN THEY COULD NOT FORCE HIM TO. I AM SHOCKED AT THIS AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS A LAW THAT STATES THAT HE MUST REPLY. THIS APPLIES TO SCOTTISH LAW, I HPE YOU CAN HELP,
yours sincerely,
Derrick Bruce
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Is the instructor a registered instructor with DVLA. If that is the case then the law is that they can suspend or remove his licence so for them to say that they can't do anything if the person doesn't respond is just nonsense.
The correct department is as follows and I think you have to write to them again insisting that the matter be dealt with.
ADI Section,
DSA
The Axis Building
112 Upper Parliament Street *****
Nottingham
NG1 6LP
Tel: 0115(###) ###-####
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.