31090051

What do you do with a company that ignores your letters regarding

What do you do with a company that ignores your letters regarding the faulty manufacture of a bespoke fitted kitchen where the laminate is coming away from the unit doors, even though you have provided them with an independent report from the Furniture Ombudsman was sent to them stating that the fault was caused in the manufacture of the product and not a miss use of water on my part?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If they ignore you, you can make a report to trading standards, but there is no requirement for them to make an answer.
The only way to force them is to raise court proceedings. The general rule about consumer complaints is that you can sue in your own local court even if the company is in Scotland, provided that there is no contract condition to say otherwise.
So you should be able to raise this in the English courts.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.